947: Corrupt .ahn file

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
mcn14080

947: Corrupt .ahn file

Beitrag von mcn14080 »

Hello.

After adding almost 1000 individuals and trying to save the file, a pop-up message says 'Corrupt Ahnenblatt file!' and I could only close the program after losing some of the data. There are no other messages telling me what the problem was. I cannot re-open the file.

I was very happy with this program until now.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

Thank you
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

First of all you should try one of the backup-files usually stored by Ahnenblatt in the same directory as your "ahn"-file.
If that doesen't work too, maybe Dirk is able to reopen your file. There is an eMail-Adress of him in Ahnenblatt - in the register "help" or "?".
Marcus
mcn14080

Beitrag von mcn14080 »

Thank you, Marcus.

Yes, the backup file did open.

If this problem should happen again, I'll report back.

Best wishes.
Marcus
Administrator

Beitrag von Marcus »

Since this isn't reported often (and we have some hard-testing users) you should propably check your hard-drive (or other medium where the files was stored).
Not that every lost bit is drive-related ... just to be sure and sleep well ;)
Marcus
mcn14080

Beitrag von mcn14080 »

Unfortunately, it happened again. This time, I received an access violation code when I tried to save my work. It reads: Zugriffsverletzung bei Adresse 00495926 in Modul 'Ahnbatt.exe'. Lesen von Adresse 726F68D8. I also received the same message when I tried to do a search of the database earlier. The file is now corrupted and won't open. Not a problem because I have other software but thought this information might be of use. Kind regards.

-----------------------------------
#Wunschliste_947_NICHT_MEHR_NACHVOLLZIEHBAR
Marcus
Administrator

Beitrag von Marcus »

Thanks, most of the time Dirk is able to work with these kind of messages. Have you tried to re-download and -install Ahnenblatt? Maybe there is just a problem with your special configuration?

I attached an error-message to your post - so the developer will see it and hopefully can provide something helpful ;)
Marcus
Antworten