How to edit notes and sources?

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
olbas_oil

How to edit notes and sources?

Beitrag von olbas_oil »

I am confused by the notes & sources tabs. Is this a single text area, or a set of notes. sources? After a Gedcom import, I have a list of 'items' in the right hand box ('Name', 'Name', 'Birth', 'event'). As I click on these I get different text appearing in the left hand box, which I can edit. But some 'items' in the right hand box have no text. If these are a set of items, how do I add and delete them, or change their name?

Just to add: By default I think a person only has a single text entry area (the left column). The right column only becomes visible if there are multiple entries- and I think that was probably created in another program, and then imported as a Gedcom. So my question is, once this information is held within Ahnenblatt, how can it be edited?
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Jürgen T.

Beitrag von Jürgen T. »

Hello olbas_oil,

what i can tell you is: you are right. The two boxes appear, because a GEDCOM-file has been imported. By default there is only a single text-box which you can edit. Since version 2.87 Ahnenblatt imports all data from a GEDCOM-file and keeps it "for ever". But Ahnenblatt can't show all data yet, but it will be possible in the future. The sources are one of the data that can be shown already.

But i can't tell you, why there are two "Name"-fields in the right box and why the items can't be edited.

Sorry for my bad english.
Gruß
Jürgen
Antworten