Ahnenblattportal Forum Index
 •Portal  •Imprint  •Forum  •Search  •Profile  •Log in to check your private messages  •Log in   •Register  

duplicate problem

finno

Topics: 1

blank.gif

PostPosted: 15.12.2015, 17:54    duplicate problem  Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry that I write in English, but the English forum seems to be dead :/

My problem is that the family tree shows duplicates. That is there is a couple (man and wife) who are shown twice in the family tree. The database itself knows that they are the one and the same couple. Is there any way to correct the family tree?

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Marcus
Administrator

Topics: 227

belize.gif

PostPosted: 15.12.2015, 18:19    Re: duplicate problem  Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello finno,

welcome to the Ahnenblattportal!

« finno » wrote:
Sorry that I write in English, but the English forum seems to be dead :/

No problem, we have an english section here to provide support. wink I just moved your topic in here.
Which forum did you mean (the dead one)? Is there another Ahnenblatt-Forum out there?

Quote:
My problem is that the family tree shows duplicates. That is there is a couple (man and wife) who are shown twice in the family tree. The database itself knows that they are the one and the same couple. Is there any way to correct the family tree?

It's not a but, it's a feature! At least most of the time ... sometimes Ahnenblatt doubles people because it can't identify that it would be enough to draw them once.
But most of the time both showings are needed to keep the tree "readable" without cutting important people in the tree. To identify those who are doubled, Ahnenblatt puts a small number in the upper right corner of the frames.
Marcus

OfflineView user's profilePersonal Gallery (1)Send private messageSend e-mail    
finno

Topics: 1

blank.gif

PostPosted: 15.12.2015, 18:30    Re: duplicate problem  Reply with quoteBack to top

sorry if I said rudely, dead Embarassed

Oh the little numbers in the corners! Yes, now that you mentioned I see them. But it would look clearer if they were shown as one person only.. IMO.

However the research is done with Gramps, but Ahnenblatt does better familytrees. Thanks!

finno

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Board Security