v2.93 BUG! - Welcome Window option [FIXED]

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Mathemagician

v2.93 BUG! - Welcome Window option [FIXED]

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Hi all!

I am back working on the English help, after a long rest from it. Instead of maintaining the single list of bugs in this forum, I am just going to "post them as I find them". I hope that's ok; I will make the subject clear, I hope, for quick spotting by Dirk or ?

Bug - the Welcome window has an option for "Always show at startup", and the General options have the same (should be) option to control the display of the Welcome window. The OPTIONS/GENERAL option ("Show Welcome window at program start") no longer controls the behaviour, and does not display the true state (set from the Welcome window).
Zuletzt geändert von Mathemagician am 13.02.2016, 17:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
DirkB
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 110 Mal

Re: v2.93 BUG! - Welcome Window option

Beitrag von DirkB »

Mathemagician hat geschrieben:I am back working on the English help, after a long rest from it. Instead of maintaining the single list of bugs in this forum, I am just going to "post them as I find them". I hope that's ok; I will make the subject clear, I hope, for quick spotting by Dirk or ?
Yes, that's OK.
Mathemagician hat geschrieben:Bug - the Welcome window has an option for "Always show at startup", and the General options have the same (should be) option to control the display of the Welcome window. The OPTIONS/GENERAL option ("Show Welcome window at program start") no longer controls the behaviour, and does not display the true state (set from the Welcome window).
Actually no such option exists. This option is lost in translation ... :wink:
The english translation says "Show Welcome window at program start" and I looked in older versions, that the original text was "Show startup window at programm start" (oops, too much m's).
With this option you can control the behaviour of the windows with the Ahnenblatt-Logo at program start. I will fix the text in next version.
To get Welcome Dialog back on program start, you have to click "? / Welcome..." and then check "always show on startup" again.

- Dirk
Mathemagician

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Dirk,

Ah, yes!! :wallb: I see! I think I must not have had enough coffee that day...

In English, that is usually referred to as a "Splash Screen". I will change my language file and manual.
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
Antworten