Comprehensive Chart for all Siblings

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
shah0101

Comprehensive Chart for all Siblings

Beitrag von shah0101 »

Hi Everybody,

Is it possible to displayor print "One in All" kind of family chart with siblings, distant siblings or cousins and really distant siblings or cousins?

I have a gedcom of about 200 people (which I want to increase aggressively) but I could only view single family's ancestors or decadents.

As I have a really big family with cousins which are somewhat related for five or six generations what possible options do I have to make one big chart in PDF with everybody in it?

Thanks in advance.

Shakir
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

It is not possible to force Ahnenblatt to display all people in a database. You can however always display a lot of them in a "readable" way.
Displaying all people on a piece (even a very big one) of paper is a problem that very quick get's very hard. Since you have to display every descendant of every ancestor and every ancestor of every descendant, it get's crowded quickly and a 2D-plot may not be readable very quick (depending on the family).

To get the best results (as far as displaying the most people) choose the "Hourglass". In the settings there in the dialogue choose the style "Larger relationship tree" for both the "Ancestor" and "Root".
Now you just have to try different starting persons and decide which give you the best results.
Marcus
shah0101

Beitrag von shah0101 »

Thanks Marcus,

I know its a free software with a lot of goodies and appreciated!!

I am definitely not computer savvy and I dont know how difficult it would be, just a thought if you could please keep this request in to your consideration for future upgrades because data is already there and this is just reporting aspect of it.

Cheers!
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

Dirk (the developer of Ahnenblatt) is always improving the trees and the possibilities of generating them. The style "Larger ..." is just a few months old, before that we had 'only' "Large ...". ;)
But he has always stated that he won't provide an algorithm which shows all people in a file, no matter how complicated they are connected, since this would require crossed lines and showing people of the same generation on different rows - two things he always tries to prevent.
Marcus
shah0101

Beitrag von shah0101 »

Thanks again Marcus.

If you have tried myhertiage with large number of connected family members you will notice their three doesn't repeat the same name and a large number can be displayed but yes when it comes to multiple relationships in same generation or another it kinda hide that that's why looking for alternatives. Another reason to move to Ahnenblatt that its free :wink:
Krzysztof

Beitrag von Krzysztof »

Hi All,

I really like Ahnenblatt - I am in the process of creating my family tree as in the topic of this subject I encounter on the same problem as in the subject - chart does not print all siblings...

Does any one knows free / or paid software that will allow to create tree with all siblings ?

or maybe is now possible to do so in Ahnenblatt ?

all the best!
Krzysiek
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hi Krzysiek,

I don't know what siblings you are talking about: the starting person's or siblings of ancestors. Both should be able to be printed in a table, if you choose the matching settings: EXTRAS > OPTIONS > PRINT > CHARTS > ANCHESTOR CHART (Poster): SIBLINGS

You won't be able to always print the siblings of the partners which aren't part of the direct ancestors as Ahnenblatt will prevent the lines from being crossed. There is only the new "style": complete relationship tree which tries to print all the family by interrupting lines and doubling persons. Try version 3.03, if you want!

Frido
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
Krzysztof

Beitrag von Krzysztof »

Hi Fridolin,

Many thanks for the answer! version 2.9 does not print out everything, even when I select as you said (EXTRAS > OPTIONS > PRINT > CHARTS > ANCHESTOR CHART (Poster): SIBLINGS) - but version 3.03 and "complete relationship tree" works perfect - gives me almost full tree (168 out of 184 total - where version 2.9 - print out around ~230)

Now I understand - in 3.03 ver. I have on the bottom line in "complete relationship tree" such a numbers: 184 (total), 168 people on the board [179 people's frames on the table] - around 10 people are duplicated (those numbers on the top-right of person's frame) the reason why they are duplicated is to avoid line crossing (this is what I assume)

Now, I need to buy 3.03 to get rid of "Demo" in the background :)

Krzysiek
Antworten