Ahnenblattportal Forum Index
 •Portal  •Imprint  •Forum  •Search  •Profile  •Log in to check your private messages  •Log in   •Register  

Comprehensive Chart for all Siblings

shah0101

Topics: 1

blank.gif

PostPosted: 31.08.2016, 04:51    Comprehensive Chart for all Siblings  Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everybody,

Is it possible to displayor print "One in All" kind of family chart with siblings, distant siblings or cousins and really distant siblings or cousins?

I have a gedcom of about 200 people (which I want to increase aggressively) but I could only view single family's ancestors or decadents.

As I have a really big family with cousins which are somewhat related for five or six generations what possible options do I have to make one big chart in PDF with everybody in it?

Thanks in advance.

Shakir

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Marcus
Administrator

Topics: 227

belize.gif

PostPosted: 01.09.2016, 03:28    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not possible to force Ahnenblatt to display all people in a database. You can however always display a lot of them in a "readable" way.
Displaying all people on a piece (even a very big one) of paper is a problem that very quick get's very hard. Since you have to display every descendant of every ancestor and every ancestor of every descendant, it get's crowded quickly and a 2D-plot may not be readable very quick (depending on the family).

To get the best results (as far as displaying the most people) choose the "Hourglass". In the settings there in the dialogue choose the style "Larger relationship tree" for both the "Ancestor" and "Root".
Now you just have to try different starting persons and decide which give you the best results.
Marcus

OfflineView user's profilePersonal Gallery (1)Send private messageSend e-mail    
shah0101

blank.gif

PostPosted: 01.09.2016, 04:35    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Marcus,

I know its a free software with a lot of goodies and appreciated!!

I am definitely not computer savvy and I dont know how difficult it would be, just a thought if you could please keep this request in to your consideration for future upgrades because data is already there and this is just reporting aspect of it.

Cheers!

Marcus
Administrator

Topics: 227

belize.gif

PostPosted: 02.09.2016, 03:14    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Dirk (the developer of Ahnenblatt) is always improving the trees and the possibilities of generating them. The style "Larger ..." is just a few months old, before that we had 'only' "Large ...". wink
But he has always stated that he won't provide an algorithm which shows all people in a file, no matter how complicated they are connected, since this would require crossed lines and showing people of the same generation on different rows - two things he always tries to prevent.
Marcus

OfflineView user's profilePersonal Gallery (1)Send private messageSend e-mail    
shah0101

blank.gif

PostPosted: 05.09.2016, 07:15    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks again Marcus.

If you have tried myhertiage with large number of connected family members you will notice their three doesn't repeat the same name and a large number can be displayed but yes when it comes to multiple relationships in same generation or another it kinda hide that that's why looking for alternatives. Another reason to move to Ahnenblatt that its free Wink

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Board Security