BUG - Plugin(s) not functioning properly in North America

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Mathemagician

BUG - Plugin(s) not functioning properly in North America

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Hello to all!

I received an email request from an English user of Ahnenblatt (Robert Kieser) asking how to get the Island Finder plugin to work. He got an immediate .NET error every time. I tested it out and also received the error.

In Ahnenblatt v2.88, Dirk made the "list separator" depend on a regional Registry setting, rather than to always use the semi-colon. Here in North America, the symbol used is the comma, so on "English" computers, CSV files (used by plugins) always use the comma. In Europe (at least in Germany), the semi-colon is used. The behaviour change is reported on the German portal (detailed), but not in the short description/history for that version.

The Island Finder plugin evidently always expects to see the semi-colon and, therefore, does not function properly. The workaround is to (temporarily) change the Regional settings of the North American computer to use the semi-colon as a list separator. All plugins should use the registry setting
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\sList
rather than assume a separator character.
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
Mathemagician

Inselfinder 2 plugin FIXED!

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Update - March 11, 2017
The "Inselfinder 2" plugin has been updated to 0.4.5 and now responds properly to comma or semi-colon separators (delimiters). Thanks Marc! I have not tested any of his other plugins, or plugins by different authors - English users be cautious ...
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 34 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hello Mathemagician,

MarcP promised to fix the other plugins, too - if the new release of "Inselfinder 2" should work. So you may be able to use the other plugins maintained by MarcP with different Region settings in a short delay.

Fridolin
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
Antworten