Size of the font ?

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Bastien

Size of the font ?

Beitrag von Bastien »

Hello,
Thank's to you for your soft :up:

Can I change the size of the font (ascendant tree in the main page) ?
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 32 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hello Bastien,

in the Forum, we are users just as you are - sometimes with some knowledge to help each other.

If I understand well, it's the "lying tree" on the main page to browse through the family you are asking for? You can't fix the font size as it is automatically adjusted to the window size! So if you want more space for long names, just make the window broader or reduce the height!

Is it that?

Frido
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
bjew

Beitrag von bjew »

... und sicherheitshalber durch Punkte begrenzen, damit Leerzeichen nicht abgeschnitten werden können

. Text. .

=> Auf deutsch, damit kein Google-Känguruh-Englisch rauskommt 😂
Bleibt gesund, Gruß
bjew (Bernhard) ------ derzeit fast nicht aktiv
System: Win10 auf Laptop mit i7 --- Ahnenblatt 2.74 (als Backup), 2.99[p] u. V3.56
Bastien

Beitrag von Bastien »

Thanks for help.

@ Frido
Yes, I've issues with long names.
As you say, I can work with a window resized but it's very... strange.

@ bjew
I'm on the english forum 'coz I don't understand german langage ! :D
I've translated with DeepL :
"... and limit them by dots so that blanks cannot be truncated.
. Text. .
In German, so that no Google Kangaroo English is published"

I've not understood where to put dots ?
bjew

Beitrag von bjew »

Hi.
"Leerzeichen" = Blanks/Spaces may be truncated

In der Ueberschriftszeile wird die Zeichengroesse durch die Anzahl der Zeichen verändert. Also, je mehr Zeichen, um so kleiner die Zeichen.

Die Schriftgroesse der Namen in Personenrahem wird durch die Rahmengroesse und Namenslaenge gesteuert

Google:
In the header line, the character size is changed by the number of characters. So, the more characters, the smaller the characters.

The font size of names in Personenrahmen is controlled by the frame size and name length

Sorry my english ist very bad
Bleibt gesund, Gruß
bjew (Bernhard) ------ derzeit fast nicht aktiv
System: Win10 auf Laptop mit i7 --- Ahnenblatt 2.74 (als Backup), 2.99[p] u. V3.56
Bastien

Beitrag von Bastien »

Thank you, bjew
In the header line, the character size is changed by the number of characters. So, the more characters, the smaller the characters.
No, I don't see any change. Sometimes, the names are too long and are truncated.
Maybe, I don't understand ?
Fridolin

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hello Bastien,

maybe Bernhard ment sth else: I guess he was talking about the Headline of the family tables. If you use a headline there, the font size is adapted to the number of characters - so if you want a smaller headline, you just add some spaces an a final dot (if you want). That's sth different.

Back to the names: Indeed, there remains a problem if you have too many persons that start with the same name. I nevertheless switched to SURNAME, GIVEN NAME to see where I am - and have abbreviated the given names: "Show main name only" in the options (right click) of that main window. Of course, this works only if you do the additional work to attribute a "main" given name to everybody (if there are several given names, the first is used on default). I do that abbreviating especially because space is a valuable thing on the tables, either. For former generations, you mostly don't know the main name, but only all the given names written in the documents - so I abbreviate in a custom manner, i.e. "Joh. Chr." instead of "Johann Christian". If you fill in both the "First names"/"Prénoms" and the "Main name"/"Nom usuel" field (in the "Name"/"Nom" slide), you can switch between the styles of displaying names in the tables afterwards.

Fridolin
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.

Bastien

Beitrag von Bastien »

Thank you for your help and pictures. Interesting.
But sometimes abbreviating can't be a solution (when you share trees in Gedcom), for example.
Fridolin

Beitrag von Fridolin »

I think it's best to organize the workflow and data collecting from what you want to get in the end. So you're absolutely right to take the fields seriously if you want to share your data. No question.

I was thinking of a table/tree within Ahnenblatt when giving the advice. And the suffixes are independent of it - I use numbers as well as attributations (no contemporary differentiation, but mine)

Antworten