Pictures

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Rosa

Pictures

Beitrag von Rosa »

First, let me thank the software owner for allowing us to use such a great pogram free. I imported a GEDOM from Heredis and everything went well, except that the pictures do not come up. What can I do?
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hello Rosa,

I don't know Heredis, but I know GEDCOM. And the latter comprises only personal data, but no images. A GEDCOM file has no images in it. There was only one GEDCOM flavor (5.5) that allowed storing images within the family file - but I don't know if any genealogical software supported that.

So, if you want images, you have to try to download them apart. Might be a lot of work, maybe even not possible, because the service provider wants to keep you in his environment.

As you should have registered the images within the GEDCOM file, you then should have a look if you can store the images at the same place they are registered for (with path and file name). If this is too much work, you can also store them all in one directory and re-configure the path by choosing the function Extras > Remap images/files...

Good luck,
Frido
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
Antworten