chrono order

Gesperrt
Grzegorz

chrono order

Beitrag von Grzegorz »

Is it possible to make chronological order on Family Tree (poster) to present every sibling persons from elder to younger?
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

It should, at least we hope so ;)
It was possible in older releases of Ahnenblatt but that changed with new features in the drawing of posters. You now get more people in more (complex) situations on the poster.
Since we do not know, if there is a need to draw some people in a different order (to be able to draw the complex relatives without crossing lines) or if it is just a bug, we have to wait for the next release of Ahnenblatt or a response from the author.

A longer discussion about this topic (in german) can be found here! Even if you don't speak german, you may recognize the problems with the attached posters.
Marcus
Marcus
Administrator

Beitrag von Marcus »

You can easily see that 'wrong orders' only show, when the tree gets (theretical) more complicated.
Just draw the same tree with the style "Direct Descendants" (which is always fine in my family), "Descendants with spouses" (alreasy some orders are changed) and "Large relationship tree" (a lot of changing orders).
Marcus
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Thanks for answer. In fact in "Large relationship tree" I see, that always there in order in sibling part of tree. But sometimes it is ascend , sometimes descend order.
So, we are waiting for next version of this nice soft (?)
Marcus
Administrator

Beitrag von Marcus »

Anonymous hat geschrieben:
So, we are waiting for next version of this nice soft (?)
Yes, there is nothing more we users can do at this point.
Marcus
noelderf

English translations

Beitrag von noelderf »

Marcus hat geschrieben:It should, at least we hope so ;)
It was possible in older releases of Ahnenblatt but that changed with new features in the drawing of posters. You now get more people in more (complex) situations on the poster.
Since we do not know, if there is a need to draw some people in a different order (to be able to draw the complex relatives without crossing lines) or if it is just a bug, we have to wait for the next release of Ahnenblatt or a response from the author.

A longer discussion about this topic (in german) can be found here! Even if you don't speak german, you may recognize the problems with the attached posters.
Marcus
Hi I am a newcomer on your Forum.
May I reply to your comment about not speaking German?
I use Firefox browser V3.5.8 and if one gets an "add-on" named : ImTranslator. It will translate whole chunks of written material very satisfactorily. It is so very easy to use. It does not give a "perfect" translation, but for the English spoken person, it is really very very good. I hope this is of interest. Perhaps you could put this information as a "sticky" for newcomers.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for a SUPERB program.
noelderf
Gesperrt