Settings "save" problem

Gesperrt
wojtek

Settings "save" problem

Beitrag von wojtek »

Hi everyone
I'm a user of the last 2.62 version. Very happy with it till now. I switched to Win7(32bit) and since... everything seems to work fine apart from setting change save on the tree print option. Whatever I set in there after I hit show the tree I reverses to standard settings and shows standard tree (i.e. only male stright line and etc.). Tried hundreds of times with various steps - always the same. Did it happen to anyone else? is it a known problem. My language version in use is Polish.
Regards
Wojtek
Iemhoff
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Beitrag von Iemhoff »

Hallo Wojtek,

´´´´´´My language version in use is Polish. ´´´´´´´ from the PC or Ahnenblatt?

No, i have not seen that problem!

Language is not the problem, the carakterset may be the problem.
MfG. Iemhoff

----------------“doing by trying; trying by doing”-----------------
-------Mann bleibt nicht so jung wie man möchte-------
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

There is a file "Ahnblatt.ini" where all settings are stored. It's located (Win 7) in the following directory:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Ahnenblatt

Where "Users" is translated in your language if you use the windows explorer and "USERNAME" is your login to win 7.
Maybe this file is corrupt and doesn't change at all anymore? Most problems like that are fixed if you just rename the file. Ahnenblatt will create a new one. However all your settings will be lost and you'll have to re-set them.
Marcus
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Marcus - appreciate your help. Your advise worked. Actually I had to do the file deleting a few times (around 3) until it finally got there. Everything works fine now.
Regards
Wojtek
Gesperrt