Incomplete tree

Gesperrt
sebeh

Incomplete tree

Beitrag von sebeh »

Hello,

Well, as mentionned in other topics, I have a problem with my export.
Maybe it's not a problem, and it's just not possible, but it would surprise me.

When i make my family tree preview, and when I export it in pdf, and also when I print it, I can't have all my family on this...

As I said, for exemple, I don't have my cousins. We have the same grand father, but my aunt has a diferent mother from my dad. My aunt figures on the tree, but not her children... It's the most suprising, because I have blood links with these cousins, we have the same grand-father.

An other case with other cousins, which whom I don't have blood link. In my tree, they are the chidren of the son of my step grand-mother (the second wife of my grand-father), but for me they must be on my tree, they are linked with my family by the wedding of my grand father with their grand-mother. They have the same name as me.

And well, I have a lot of other people which doesn't appear on the tree, they are more distant cousins. For exemple the children of the cousin of my mother. And worse, for more distant, as the grand sons of my grand mother's sister...etc.

Hope someon could find a solution to have a nice complete representation :)
Jürgen T.

Beitrag von Jürgen T. »

Hello sebeh,

i guess, your problem is the same problem, that many other users have too.
Ahnenblatt often can't print all Persons.

Here:

http://www.ahnenblattportal.de/kb.php?mode=article&k=24

and here:

http://www.ahnenblattportal.de/viewtopi ... nerationen

you can read the reason why.

I hope you understand the german text. My english is too bad to translate.
Perhaps there is a friendly user, who can translate it for you.
Gruß
Jürgen
sebeh

Beitrag von sebeh »

Hello Jürgen,

Well thank you, I'll try to translate it with google translation ;)
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

I just tried it with an english translation of the Knowledge-Base-Aticle (first link). It's horrible and I wouldn't understand much.
Maybe it's time to finally translate it to englisch (and maybe french with some help). Just try yourself and if it is as helpful as I fear, drop us a line here and we'll translate it (hopefully) better.
Marcus
Gesperrt