Ahnenblatt v2.88

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Mathemagician

Ahnenblatt v2.88

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Dirk (and Marcus),

I see that Ahnenblatt v2.88 is now available - excellent! The (translated) list of fixes, etc. from the German forum appears to show that many of my posted oversights/bugs have been fixed; I will be testing in the future.

For English-speaking users: the English download site (http://www.ahnenblatt.com/download.html) does NOT appear to contain the most recent version. Although the page says "v2.88", I cannot download anything but v2.87. Perhaps the newest version has not been posted to that location.

I was able to download the file(s) from the German site (http://www.ahnenblatt.de/download/), however. The (new?) page looks very handsome!!!

Suggestion: change the links on the English site to point directly to the files on the German site/server. That way, the files are always current in both locations, although the English page would need to be updated (slightly) with each new version.

Judging from responses to my posts, etc., it appears that there is little usage of Ahnenblatt in the English-speaking community. Too bad - it is an excellent program. I fully intend to complete the English help file, despite the apparent lack of (English) usage.

Note: my small Ahnenblatt website (http://members.shaw.ca/Mathemagician/) now contains an installer package for English updates, as a convenience.
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello

I am French and I use Ahnenblatt for several years with satisfaction.
Thank you for this new Version 2.88 (perhaps update the English Download page)
Mathemagician

Beitrag von Mathemagician »

Guest hat geschrieben:perhaps update the English Download page
Hey Marcus or Dirk - July 6, and the English download page still doesn't have version 2.88 available (only able to download 2.87)! This is not a browser or server cache problem (proven by now) - it just isn't there. Thanks in advance for looking after this...

Greetings from Canada - we are having a heat wave here (on the West Coast), as you are in Germany. There are 178± fires burning in B.C. at present; some are quite large!
Allen T.
British Columbia, Canada

"Little did I know how little I knew..."
sfoehner

Beitrag von sfoehner »

I am also a native English speaker who uses Ahnenblatt, and the problem with the version on the English website still exists -- although it says 2.88, it is 2.87. I will download from the German site to get around it as suggested by Mathemagician.
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

It's slowly cooling down here ... real slow. ;)
I can't do anything but send Dirk an eMail about this (but he should already know it), since he's the only webmaster of his Ahnenblatt-Websites.
Marcus
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

sfoehner hat geschrieben:I will download from the German site to get around it as suggested by Mathemagician.
That's the right thing to do here. The file on the english website is (if updated) the same as on the german website. All languages are integrated in one setup-file.
Marcus
Antworten