Sharing a part of the tree

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Autentiquish

Sharing a part of the tree

Beitrag von Autentiquish »

Hello everyone. Time ago I use this program. I think the best for genealogy . But I would like to share a part of the tree with my family and I do not know if there is a trick to do so. It 's about sharing only the part we have in common . I tried to make a copy of the complete tree and eliminate " groups " who will not share . But there are many people who , although not visible in the tree, and are still in the search . Is there any way to save just one more easily branch? Thank you very much in advance
häsin

Gruppe löschen

Beitrag von häsin »

Hallo,

ich möchte mich inhaltlich der vorhergehenden Frage anschließen.

Für eine Reise zu einem bestimmten Familienzweig, habe ich mit "Gruppe löschen" alles gelöscht, was da nicht dazu gehört. Als Nebeneffekt dachte ich, daß dann in der Ortsverwaltung der neuen Datenbank auch nur die Ort enthalten sind, die zu dem ausgewählten Familienzweig gehören.

Aber trotz Speichern unter neuem Namen und auch Abmelden des Computers, sind alle Orte aus der großen Datei erhalten geblieben. Wenn ich einen Ort anklicke, der nicht zu dem Familienzweig gehört, erscheinen die tatsächlich dazu gehörigen Personen. Wenn ich die anklicke, erscheint nichts.

Was tun??

Gruß häsin
bjew

Beitrag von bjew »

Hallo, vielleicht geht es, die Datei als gedcom zu speichern und wieder einzulesen. Dann müssten die überzähligen Orte doch weg sein>>>?
Bleibt gesund, Gruß
bjew (Bernhard) ------ derzeit fast nicht aktiv
System: Win10 auf Laptop mit i7 --- Ahnenblatt 2.74 (als Backup), 2.99[p] u. V3.56
Autentiquish

Beitrag von Autentiquish »

Nein, ich habe versucht, und auch weiterhin verlassen diejenigen, die nicht wollen , zu teilen. Etwa 300 , aber es scheint, dass mehr als 1000 Menschen . Entschuldigen Sie mich , wenn falsch geschrieben , aber ich kann nicht schreiben, Englisch oder Deutsch ... Ich verwende einen Übersetzer.
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: Sharing a part of the tree

Beitrag von Marcus »

Autentiquish hat geschrieben:But I would like to share a part of the tree with my family and I do not know if there is a trick to do so. It 's about sharing only the part we have in common . I tried to make a copy of the complete tree and eliminate " groups " who will not share .
The steps (you may need more than one!) with "delete group ..." depend on the "part of the tree" you want to keep.
Most of the time it is helpful to cut some links between people you want to have in your selection and those you want to delete.
Often the option "Except selection" ist the best way to trim down your family. This way your are deleting all people other than the ancestors or descendents of a person.
You may do it twice! With the ancestors first (a new file), and then a second file with the descendents of a person. After that merge these two files to a new one.
Bottom Line:
* Work with Copies!
* Practice, try some things
* You don't have to do it in one step or file!
* Cutting links before deleting groups can do wonders!
* Don't forget about the option "Except selection"
* (more copies and more practice/tries/options)

But there are many people who , although not visible in the tree, and are still in the search.
At this stage you may try "Except selection" combined with "Relative of ..." and a "Max search depth" of "999". Then selecting person in the middle of the family you want to keep.
Maybe it works in your case, or with cutting one or two links, but most likely it is easier to start fresh with the full family, cutting links and thinking, whom to delete/keep and trying out the different options.

The "Save As ..." - "Gedcom" and reload only helps, that the people who are not in the file anymore are deleted from the "Places" ("Lugares") Databes too.
Marcus

PS Some older suggestions:
http://www.ahnenblattportal.de/viewtopi ... 5974#25974
http://www.ahnenblattportal.de/viewtopi ... 9957#39957
Antworten