fixing mistakes - remove partner

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
Mikew

fixing mistakes - remove partner

Beitrag von Mikew »

I started to enter a partner and the program picked a suggested person. I mistakenly went on. Now I cannot remove the partner and replace it with a correct person.

How can I replace a partner?
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

Hello Mike,

welcome to the Ahnenblattportal!

To change a partner, you have to delete the link between the two partners. You can do this with the red X next to the field (the suggested "delete entry" is actually more of a "delete link").

After that you can enter a new partner.

If you entered children to a wrong relationship, you should first delete the link(s) between the wrong father or mother (and the respective kids) and then delete the link to the partner.
Marcus
Mikew

Beitrag von Mikew »

Thanks.
I did as you said. It worked.

I must add it got a bit confusing after I did it. The links to the names were maintained incorrectly until I removed the references. Hard to explain. I think there is something a bit buggy there. I do appreciate the complexity.

I will say, this is a fantastic piece of software. Very well done, works well, really helps to document the family. Is there a way I can donate to the cause?

Mike Westkamper (yes the sir name is of German extraction, Americanized in the 1,900's)
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

Nice to read that it works now. I tested it again here and it works without problems or "cunfusion". Maybe that was a side-effect of your first tries? If you get some reproducing problems, just report them here.

Dirk (the developer of Ahnenblatt) is open for support. On it's german website he offers the possibilities of donating via PayPal and Flattr. As a third way he offers to send his account number via eMail.
Marcus
Antworten