duplicate problem

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
finno

duplicate problem

Beitrag von finno »

Sorry that I write in English, but the English forum seems to be dead :/

My problem is that the family tree shows duplicates. That is there is a couple (man and wife) who are shown twice in the family tree. The database itself knows that they are the one and the same couple. Is there any way to correct the family tree?
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: duplicate problem

Beitrag von Marcus »

Hello finno,

welcome to the Ahnenblattportal!
finno hat geschrieben:Sorry that I write in English, but the English forum seems to be dead :/
No problem, we have an english section here to provide support. ;) I just moved your topic in here.
Which forum did you mean (the dead one)? Is there another Ahnenblatt-Forum out there?

My problem is that the family tree shows duplicates. That is there is a couple (man and wife) who are shown twice in the family tree. The database itself knows that they are the one and the same couple. Is there any way to correct the family tree?
It's not a but, it's a feature! At least most of the time ... sometimes Ahnenblatt doubles people because it can't identify that it would be enough to draw them once.
But most of the time both showings are needed to keep the tree "readable" without cutting important people in the tree. To identify those who are doubled, Ahnenblatt puts a small number in the upper right corner of the frames.
Marcus
finno

Re: duplicate problem

Beitrag von finno »

sorry if I said rudely, dead :oops:

Oh the little numbers in the corners! Yes, now that you mentioned I see them. But it would look clearer if they were shown as one person only.. IMO.

However the research is done with Gramps, but Ahnenblatt does better familytrees. Thanks!

finno
Antworten