no picture when sending file to family

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
snap

no picture when sending file to family

Beitrag von snap »

Hi all,
I new here, however I make already a familytree with pictures off many persons, but when I want to send the file to my family, they see all but no pictures, what I do wrong ?
Gast

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi Snap

I could be wrong but I suggest that you save your file (Family Info...) as a GEDCOM file before sending it to your family... When received they will then open it as a GEDCOM file and then save it under a more familiar name for the file...

Hope this help.

Serge
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

Hello snap,

welcome to the Ahnenblattportal!
Ahnenblatt doesn't save the pictures in the Ahnenblatt-Files (and not in the Gedcom-Files as well*). There is always just a link to the pictures.
If you want them to be able to see the pictures, it is necessary, that you send them those too. If they are "all over" your harddisc (and not just in one or two folders), it may be easier to save your File (from within Ahnenblatt) to an USB-Stick. Ahnenblatt recognizes this change of medium and asks you, if you want the pictures & documents to be exported too! Choose yes and all pictures & documents which are linked in your file, will be stored in one folder of your USB-Stick - no matter from how many origin-folders they stem from.

You can then send the whole folder on your USB-Stick via your favorite way to your family and they'll have access to all pictures.
Marcus

* There is no way to store files/pictures in Gedcom-Files.
snap

Beitrag von snap »

Thanks Marcus,

so iff I understand good, I send 2 files ; 1 file with the familytree and a second file with all the pictures in.
When they receive this 2 files they have to do something special within Ahnenblatt or everything going automatic ?
Marcus
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Marcus »

They have to put the files in the same directory "tree" as they have been on your harddisc (the way that at least the relative paths* of the files are the same as before). Or you should choose the way via the USB-Stick.
If the names of the pictures are not the same (in different directories), then they could put them in one directory and use the function "Extras" - "Remap Image Files".
Marcus

* relative to the ahn-file.
Antworten