Ahnenblattportal Forum Index
 •Portal  •Imprint  •Forum  •Search  •Profile  •Log in to check your private messages  •Log in   •Register  

V3.00 purchased

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yves AUBERT

Topics: 6

france.gif

PostPosted: 24.05.2019, 17:49    V3.00 purchased  Reply with quoteBack to top

Still the same concern, the list of proposed names is empty

Yves

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Fridolin
Super Moderator

Topics: 129

germany.gif

PostPosted: 24.05.2019, 19:47    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Yves,

OK. So, you downoaded 3.0 final and purchased a key - and you've set the key within Ahnenblatt?

And now, what is this window about? Add a parent/child within the person editing window? Select a starting person for an ancestors table?

Everything I can see is that "nouvelle personne" is certainly too long to be displayed. We can fix this easily, but that's not what you wanted.

Frido

Empfehlung: Für die neue Version 3.1x alle relevanten Handbücher lesen! Book (es gibt mehrere!)

OfflineView user's profilePersonal Gallery (1)Send private message    
Fridolin
Super Moderator

germany.gif

PostPosted: 24.05.2019, 20:19    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe this problem isn't new, but occurs only rarely:

I tried to add a child within a person editing window. If I enter a person's name that doesn't exist yet, the software will simply add this person to the persons' database and a child relationship to it.

But if a person with that name already exists, I get a window saying "Il faut choisir..." ("You have to choose") - and below I find one or more persons that match with their name.

In some rare cases, I found an empty list, too: in AB 2.9x. It seems that the software first has the impression it could offer a matching person (with the chosen name) out of the database of existing persons - and then finds, that the relationship is an impossible construction and would withdraws the person from the selction list - an empty list remains. Not very nice - but I dodn't know whether Dirk can erase that story.

Is it different for you, Yves?

Frido

Empfehlung: Für die neue Version 3.1x alle relevanten Handbücher lesen! Book (es gibt mehrere!)

Yves AUBERT

france.gif

PostPosted: 25.05.2019, 08:37    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,
I filled in the license key
In the attached screen shot :
I want to add Pierre MASSOT son of Pierre and Marie TRANCHARD.
In my tree i have 5 Pierre MASSOT.
When I click OK the proposal window opens but it is empty...

Fridolin
Super Moderator

germany.gif

PostPosted: 25.05.2019, 08:57    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

And you think, one of those 5 Pierres should match and show up? Maybe they are all logicall excluded, because they are children, grand children and so on?

The only reason why I got a blank selection window in the past was: I had persons with the right name, but who already were in another place in the family tree and couldn't fit in that place.

I never found a case where there should have been a matching person which wasn't shown by mistake.

So until now, the "problem" you are talking about was only a question of non-beauty to me. Or is it a real mistake?

Frido

Yves AUBERT

france.gif

PostPosted: 25.05.2019, 13:23    (No subject)  Reply with quoteBack to top

I understood, I had not imagined the fact of the automatic exclusion of those who were in the filiation.
Thank you for your return.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Board Security