Upgrade features

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
sertolicell

Upgrade features

Beitrag von sertolicell »

Hello -
I just upgraded and am working my way through the new features. One thing I am looking for, if it exists, is a "box" or field to enter addresses. For example, the UK censuses list an address with its listings. For example, an ancestor may have lived at 22 Westminster Street in the 1851 census. Then moved to 36 Oakland Lane in the 1861 census. My ancestors moved quite a bit and I'd like to be able to keep track of where they lived. Do we have this type of address feature or is this something that is can only be added in the notes field?

Cheers
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hi sertolicell,

Ahnenblatt 3.0 offers almost every possibilty GEDCOM 5.5.1 makes possible. I'm quite sure you are talking about having upgraded to 3.02 or so. One of the important new features are multiple facts/events. So first of all you can create a c.v. by census addresses.

And yes, indeed, there is an event field called "Residence" that you could use for that purpose. You just have to add it to the Data chart from the green [+] knob - multiple times if you would like. That way you would have to set the occasion ("census") into the Notes or the Source field.

Alas, there are multiple ways with all the full featured AB 3.0 stuff: Another way would be to use a "Census" event and set and address. It's up to you.

Frido
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
sertolicell

Beitrag von sertolicell »

Thank you!

A note to my fellow users, the green [+] knob is not visible in simple input mode.

Cheers -

:thanks:
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 28 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

sertolicell hat geschrieben:.. the green [+] knob is not visible in simple input mode.
Oh, yes. It's a sort of AB 2.x compatibility mode - in the sense of user experience. It won't offer multiple facts, additional facts, user generated facts; fact depended notes, sources and media are only accessible via the "details" knob...

There are good reasons why AB comes with the full edit mode set as standard. Just to see what you have with the new version. Acting will probably change a bit when you use it. E.g. you might set "Residence" not for the individual but for a couple, so you don't have to enter the fact/event twice.
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
Antworten