Ancestor score list: a suggestion

Questions about usage of Ahnenblatt
Antworten
U235861

Ancestor score list: a suggestion

Beitrag von U235861 »

I use Ahnenblatt 3.21.

I really like the recently introduced "Ancestor score" list. See attached for one example, it works simply and produces very interesting info for the status of my research.

I would suggest to optionally add a couple of columns if requested by the user:
- A first column would show a year (e.g. 1632), the average year that, of all persons shown for each generation, they were born (or baptized if the birth date not available). Obviously the people for which there is no birth nor baptism date would not be included in the calculation.
- A second column with a range of two years (e.g. 1598-1661) for the oldest and youngest birth/baptism date for that generation (again, calculated from the people in that generation for which that info exists in the Ahnenblatt file).
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Fridolin
Danksagung erhalten: 32 Mal

Beitrag von Fridolin »

Hi,

I hadn't tried that Ancestor score yet. Interesting thing. And it's easy to see that your work is much broader than mine concerning the number of ancestors.

I found out that the mechanism doesn't really work that promises to only show the number of double persons if existing. I do have some, but they are only shown if forced.

The second column with the name of the generation, however, seems a bit doubtable: It's not of much use in my eyes. Maybe Dirk could insert a column with (average) dates instead. Nice idea!
Aktuell Win11-64 pro 23H2, Ahnenblatt 3.60 - Daten via NAS, Programm lokal

Empfehlung: Alle relevanten Handbücher lesen :book:
(es gibt das Benutzerhandbuch und mehrere Themen-Specials!)
Antworten